Tuesday, March 25, 2014

What a busy weekend!  I hope that everyone had a great one.

This past weekend, I decided to try my hand at a mini card collection using the March Salutations Kit from Swirlydoos.  As listed in previous posts, it contained papers from Prima's Stationer's Desk Collection.  This entire collection has won me over ... gorgeous florals, vintage tags, cool embellishments.  I love it.

This project comes from Lisa's Stampin' Studio.
A couple of weeks ago, I attended a card retreat hosted by my Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Lisa Curcio.  We created six projects over the day, and one of them was this lovely mini card collection.

As I was looking at it over the weekend, it occurred to me that the Prima papers would be perfect for mini cards.  So ... following is my rendition of the mini card collection.




Four 3 x 3 cards which fit into the box on the top left.



The band of each card slides off and allows the card to open accordion style.  

The cards fit comfortably inside the box.  Below is the top of the box. 

Box is available from Stampin' Up!




For the flower on the card and the box, I made them from one of the Prima papers.  I punched out five scallop-shaped flowers, edged them with Distress Ink, punched a hole in the middle and secured them with a brad.  Then, I lightly misted them and individually scrunched them together toward the middle.  I allowed the flower to dry, then played with each layer until I liked the look.  I used some Stickles around the petal edges to give it depth and sparkle. 
I love this idea and will probably make more mini albums using papers and items I have collected over the years.  It makes a very nice gift!  Thanks for looking!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Deborrah. Thank you so much for the very sweet comment you left on my blog. You really made me smile. :) I love your mini cards and box. They are absolutely stunning. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete